Topic: Dragged out items not being removed from stack

Hi,

Since my first use of the app, every time I dragged out an item from the stack to attach to an email, for example, the item(s) / the whole stack would be automatically removed from the drop bar.  Now even after dragging out the item(s) to place it anywhere else, they are kept in the drop bar and I have to right-click and manually remove each item/stack.

I don't remember changing any setting option, not sure what happened or how to change it back.

Can anybody help me?

Re: Dragged out items not being removed from stack

Yep - that shouldn't happen. Dragging items out of Drop Bar and dropping them into another app should remove them from Drop Bar unless they have been locked. Is it possible the items were locked? They will show a white lock overlay if this is the case.

Otherwise, does relaunching the app or manually clearing all Drop Bars and starting fresh fix this?
If not, is this on the Mac App Store, non-Mac App Store or Setapp version of Dropzone?

Hi John, thank you for your time.

They're not locked, I also checked it.

It's  Version 4.80.19 (2246) downloaded from the website directly.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it multiple times. Used one of those uninstaller apps that  seems to delete all files related to previous installed version, etc. Nothing worked.

Is there a way of deleting files/registry for another clean installation this time from the app store?

by the way, I'm using the sequoia 15.1

ok, so I just deleted the app I installed from the mac app store - still the same.

I deleted the application, restarted the macos and when installed it from the app store, the files I had were still there in the drop bar. It's like they're not being properly uninstalled, perhaps?

Thanks for the extra info. Using the Sequoia beta was the key piece.
I've just tested and found this is a bug with Drop Bar under Sequoia.

I will be prioritizing a fix and get back to you shortly when we have an update out that resolves this.

thanks, mate. I'll wait for your update about it, appreciate it

The update that fixes this (v4.80.20) is out now. You can update from the Dropzone settings in the updates tab.

Let me know how you go with it smile

yes, all good! thanks a lot!

That's great to hear. Thanks for the update.