Topic: TaskFinished

Hello to all Dropzone coders and users
My request concerns the automatic updates, I find that feature such a time saver but in the case of Dropzone or at least my use of Dropzone it cancels out my slight modification to the TaskFinished sound.
In my opinion, there are so many beeps and boops on a computer that it is getting difficult to recognize what that sound was for or meant. So, I changed the TaskFinished sound to something that is attributed only to Dropzone for clarity's sake.
The request is simple, would it be possible to allow us a personalized sound and save that info somewhere in the preferences so that I  do not have to reinstall my mod at every wonderful update.
Thanks for your consideration and time.

Re: TaskFinished

That could certainly be done. Would probably just have a hidden preference for this.

No promises, but I will see what I can do about this in one of the next few releases.

Thank you very much for your reply John !
smile

The ability to use your own sounds which persist between updates has been added in the latest version of Dropzone (v4.7.5) which is available now.

After you update, to use this for the non-Mac App Store or Setapp versions of Dropzone 4, create a Sounds folder at:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Dropzone/Sounds

Once created, put your customised aiff sound files in this folder. The two sounds currently are named TaskFinished.aiff and GridDrop.aiff

If Dropzone finds this 'Sounds' folder exists at the above path and contains either of those filenames then it will use those sound files rather that the ones included inside the Dropzone 4.app bundle Resources folder.

For the Mac App Store version of Dropzone, the folder and sounds would instead need to be located at the below path:

/Users/<username>/Library/Containers/com.aptonic.Dropzone4/Data/Library/Application Support/Dropzone/Sounds

Thank you so much
It works like a charm
JP smile