Topic: Move to a specifiv folder via keyboard shortcut

Hello,
If I drop a file over the folder "download" it moves the fils there - great

Now if I select a file in the finder, open Dropzone via the keyboard shortcut and if I then press the key "d" displayed inside the download folder, Dropzone doesn't move the file to the download folder it opens the download folder which I dont't want. I just want Dropzone to move the file.

What am I doing wrong?

Mark

Re: Move to a specifiv folder via keyboard shortcut

If I press Ctrl+alt+cmd D like it says in the intro video nothing happens

I got it.
I have to press Ctrl+alt+cmd D without Dropzone being open.
Then it is working the way I want it to.

It sounds like you may need to reboot or perhaps try switching to the non-Mac App Store version because the shortcut should work regardless of whether Dropzone is already open or not.

This kind of thing can also happen if you have multiple versions of the app in different folders and the service gets registered for the wrong version. Do a search for Dropzone in spotlight and make sure you close and trash any additional copies.

I am having the same issue. F3 opens the app, when I press the key, eg D for downloads, it opens the downloads folder instead of moving the file. When I press ctrl-alt-cmd nothing happens. I am already using the non app store version.

craig_rt: When you press F3 that is the shortcut to open the grid. And pressing D will just open your downloads folder. That is expected behaviour. It sounds like you are trying instead to move a file into your downloads folder. This is done differently - to do this you need to select a file or folder on the Desktop or in Finder and press the shortcut Ctrl+alt+cmd+D which will open the Dropzone grid and ask you to select an action to be used on the file. Pressing 'D' would then move the file or folder into Downloads.

Please see this video: https://youtu.be/gReRHjppIE4?t=393 (linked at the correct time) which shows exactly how to use files with a Dropzone action using the keyboard.